On the second day of the Christmas, my true love gave to me…a Bourbon Caramel Turtle Milkshake!
For real holiday decadence, ask your true love to whip you up this holiday cocktail inspired by those delectable chocolate and caramel pecan turtle candies treats popular during the holidays. Who can resist chocolate, caramel, and pecan, am I right? It’s Christmas dessert in a glass! This boozy holiday milkshake is a little bit sweet and a little bit naughty, just the thing to make your holiday parties a hit. (Psst. I’m guessing Santa wouldn’t mind if you left him a sip of this decadent milkshake with his Christmas cookies instead of milk…just saying. )
Bourbon Caramel Turtle Milkshake
- 5-6 scoops Butter Pecan Ice Cream
- 6 oz. Pecan Bourbon
- 3 oz. Creme De Cacao
- 3 oz. Caramel Liqueur ( I used Van Meer’s Stroopwafel)
- 6 oz Milk (Whole or 2%)
- Crush Pecans
- Whipped Cream
- Caramel Syrup
- Chocolate Syrup
Place the scoops of ice cream in a blender. Add the pecan bourbon, creme de Cacao, and Caramel Liqueur and blend until smooth. Take milkshake glasses and drizzle the caramel and chocolate syrups down the side of the glass, swirling the glass as you pour.
Pour the milkshake into each glass and garnish with whipped cream, caramel and chocolate syrup, and some crushed pecans. Note: This will not be as thick as a traditional milkshake…it does have booze in it after all!
A few mixing notes: If you cannot find pecan flavored bourbon, use pecan whiskey, but the bourbon gives it a more subtle caramelized flavor. Also, creme de cacao is chocolate liqueur without cream, but if you cannot find it, you can use a chocolate liqueur like Bailey’s with cream.
Looking for a Halloween boozy milkshake? This Kahlua Pumpkin Spice Caramel Mudslide is perfect!
Twelve Days of Christmas Cocktails
- First Day of Christmas: Gingered Pear Margarita
- Second Day of Christmas: Bourbon Caramel Turtle Milkshake
- Third Day of Christmas: Christmas Ruby French 75
- Fourth Day of Christmas: Raspberry Snowtini Cocktail
- Fifth Day of Christmas: Five Golden Rings Cocktail
- Sixth Day of Christmas: Egg Nog Old Fashioned
- Seventh Day of Christmas: Christmas Swan Cocktail
- Eighth Day of Christmas: Espresso Milk Punch Cocktail
- Ninth Day of Christmas: Mandarin Fig Brandy Cocktail
- Tenth Day of Christmas: Ten Lords-a-Leaping Ale
- Eleventh Day of Christmas: Amaretto Mulled Wine
- Twelfth Day of Christmas: Boozy Frozen Hot Chocolate (Two ways)